Wow. Only 11 weeks to go.
Here are the weekly bump pics. It’s Vegas fall, so I was able to bust out the longer sleeved horizontal striped shirt.
The kitties did not want to come out and play at that time. But I did decide to document what my pregnant lady workout fashions look like and I captured a kitty then.
This is my fancy outfit for prenatal yoga. Complete with shirt from Marshall’s. (It’s the only one that they had in an XL that wasn’t proclaiming how fast I am. While that seemed fun for the irony aspect, I’m not a damn hipster and don’t need ironic workout shirts.)
Tiki tried to flee the entire time I was holding him. But, he was happy to pose on his own.
I had to get my glucose test done, but I kept putting it off. Finally did it and it was, as expected, super boring. I fully expect the results to be that they have never seen blood that is comprised entirely of sugar and then we will confirm that our baby is, in fact, made of Tootsie Rolls. (I swear I eat some normal food, but all I ever want is Tootsie Rolls. Fresh ones that are really squishy. Mmmmm.)
Exhaustion also hit a whole new level this week. I’m having major sinus issues still and a certain baby really enjoys messing with my back, so sleep has been really hard. I’ve slept in Lancer a couple of times. I’d be really grateful for 3-4 hours without interruption. Right now, I’m lucky to get an hour and that is making things really hard. Hopefully, like most of the other stuff, this will pass soon and I can have something new move into the “what’s wrong with me now” category.
The nursery is coming together. At this point, the main thing left to do is hang stuff on the walls. Here’s what it looks like right now.
Those little animals are placeholders so that you will know where the animal pics will be hanging. I am having an unpleasant time finding a mirror that is a) not super expensive and b) not ugly. I’m leaning toward one of these. I’ve been assured by friends that it would not be taking the animal theme too far if I got that.
This is a sample of what the animal pics that will go on the wall look like, all framed and crafty. You see, the matting in the frames wasn’t the right size, so I had to get creative. (Because I wasn’t spending a ton of money to buy either new frames or more expensive mattes.) Hence, ribbon around the part that was too big. (If you think it looks lame, humor me because I am not a crafty person and I am sensitive about this issue for reasons that are likely hormonal.) And since I know you will want to buy them because they are so awesome, all of the animal pics are from The Animal Print Shop.
This is the crib. After much consideration, this is the bedding that he’s getting for now. I’ve heard from so many people that the bumpers and quilts are useless.
We’ll add an Aden+Anais dream blanket to that and he’ll likely be swaddled most of the time.
This won’t be allowed to happen in the crib when the baby is in it, but it is still pretty fun.
This is the wall that has yet to be documented on here. Now it has the changing table.
That’s the car seat in the corner. That will go in the car. The bassinet will go in our room. The area above the changing table will have my Seonna Hong painting on the wall.
Also, just so you know that there are four walls, there isn’t a whole lot happening on the wall with the closet. Other than a big closet with three very annoying doors.
I’m borrowing the cradle from a friend and that will live in my office next to my desk so that I can attempt to work part time when he is asleep. (I know, most of you with kids just laughed.)
Pretty sweetly furnished, right? With all of the decor items (including the pics and frames, which were the biggest splurge), the entire room was done on under $1,000. I’m pleased with the results. I’ll post some final photos when the stuff is hanging on the walls.
Here’s the weekly bullet points:
- On Saturday, an awesome box of treats arrived from Stuft Mama. She is incredible and sent me some cookies. There are no photos of the cookies because I cannot be bothered to get my camera when there are treats involving peanut butter and chocolate. I am going to declare that these are some of the best cookies that I’ve ever had. Super moist and awesome. I have some PB2 in my pantry, so I may try to bake them this weekend. Here is the recipe. If they aren’t as good when I make them, Kristin will have to come live with us. (I mean, who wouldn’t mind leaving San Diego and the beautiful ocean to become my indentured cookie baker.)
- I went to Target because I needed dishwasher soap. (One of the items that is way cheaper there than it is on Amazon.) Everyone knows that it is impossible to go into Target and buy just one or two things. I hit the maternity clothes. First of all, their Liz Lange shirts do not fit me properly. I think they feel my arms should be much longer than they are. But I did find some maternity leggings that don’t make me look naked. I’m wearing them in all of the photos above. While I generally hate pants, I don’t mind these too much. Definitely much better than the ones that didn’t hold up well from Motherhood.
- I’m still having trouble finding pregnant lady footwear. My feet are up about a half size right now (which is just enough to be annoying). I can’t do flip flops because that bothers my ankle. I bought a pair of shoes at Kohl’s and I hated them within ten minutes of wearing them outside and rendering them unreturnable. My quest continues.
- We finally scheduled our maternity pics. This is our photographer. (I love her portfolio.) We’re having them done in a park that has peacocks, so there will be at least one pic of a very pregnant lady chasing a very pretty birdie. If the park had alpacas too, it would be the most awesome park ever.
- I had a caramel apple on Sunday. It was mediocre. I want a good caramel apple. Specifically, I want one of these. Okay, let’s not lie. I want all of these. I want to eat all of the caramel apples.
This is long and there are too many pics. I’m done now.