27 weeks. So close to the third trimester.
Here are your weekly bump pics. I got both cats to pose this week.
I pretty much have no recollection of the past week because my brain is pregnancy goo. We’re going straight to bullets.
- I was approved to see a midwife, rather than an OB at the new practice, so I am waiting (im)patiently to find out if my due date works with the midwife of choice’s schedule. (The Christmas due date is hopefully not going to be a problem. Although I hear people sometimes like to travel then.)
- We are registered for hypnobirthing class. 3 hours a week for five weeks. I hope I get a sticker or a certificate or something when it is done.
- Breathing is hard. Like, really hard. REALLY hard. I think he is on my lungs and it is very painful. Add that to sinus issues and I am a coughing mess.
- I’m out of both Tootsie Rolls and bubble bath. I only need a small allowance of each per day, and I need to remedy this soon.
- He kicks a lot. Organs are apparently great for target practice. I would still prefer that he stop doing flips while I am sleeping because we will both have a better time if I am well-rested.
- If you ever escort a pregnant lady to a burrito place and she tries to order double beans, talk her out of it. She may not be open to your thoughts, but if you can do it, she will thank you later. There isn’t enough gas-x in the world to stop that pain.
- Nesting made me completely insane on Sunday. I got the call on Saturday that my precious Lancer will arrive soon. Which meant that Lancer has to go somewhere. Lancer will not fit in the nursery in a way that makes sense, so he will live in our bedroom. But, I had to make room. And that required a lot of work. I’m going to do a separate post with before and after shots so that you can see the glory of the two recliners in the bedroom with a cat scratching post in between them. (I am a very old lady.)
- Went to yoga again this week. I still have no ability to balance.
- I didn’t intend to buy a changing table. Then, I saw one in a Facebook group for $30 and it looks fine with our furniture and I need the shelves for storage. Then, I went to HomeGoods this weekend and I found some cute baskets at a very inexpensive price and added them. What do you think?
The changing cover that I got for that has animals on it. I have a lot of stuff to put away before it can go against the wall where it will live permanently.
To conclude today’s post, we are going to do a separate bullet list with a theme. I regularly ask my husband for new pets. I’m regularly told no, but that doesn’t usually deter my efforts. Robin posted this for me on Facebook, so I asked for an otter.
The answer was no. Since I’m keeping track, these are the pets that I am not presently allowed to have:
- Baby zebra
- Baby giraffe
- Baby tapir
- Baby snow leopard
- Baby polar bear
- Hairless raccoon
- An army of hairless kittens
- Baby panda
- Really fluffy cows
- Chickens with pants
Animals that I don’t presently want:
- Dog/puppy (Dogs are fine and all, but I’m a cat lady)
- Hamster or any other sort of animal that seems related to the rabbit, which as we know is the worst pet ever.
- Capybara (Sorry, Kelly, and while your videos are persuasive, I have rarely been more alarmed by an animal when I encountered it in a zoo. It’s too big for its design.)
- Birds of any kind
- Spiders (I’m probably allowed to get one if I want it)
- Snake (also probably allowed to have but there is NO WAY IN HELL)
- Fish that can walk among humans on land (probably allowed to have simply because I can’t see one on tv without freaking out, so my bluff would be called if I asked for one)