Here are your bump pics.
And this is how I was dressed on laundry day. This is the closest we will ever get to a naked belly shot.
The nursery is coming together more and more. We have a crib. As soon as it is assembled, we’ll have a changing table. Bedding and wall decor will follow. Most importantly, it has a snow leopard now.
The wall that you can’t see on the left is mostly closet. The one to the right of the crib is a window and a pile of stuff. That’s where the chair will go. On that wall, I’m going to hang this Seonna Hong painting.
I’ve had this painting for years and it is the final page in her book Animus. It’s on a wood panel, which is showing a couple of small cracks, but it is still in very good shape. It goes perfectly with the animal theme and will look great with the pics from The Animal Print Shop that are on the way.
Our other big event this week was the 3d ultrasound. I got it with a groupon for a place called Babies First Image. Seeing him in 3d was incredibly cool.
After all of the angles that we viewed, it looks like he definitely has my nose.
I don’t have any pics where I can tell if he has my cursed attached earlobes or not. If so, have fun in biology when that topic comes up. The pics look like he has dark hair, but I can’t tell if that is the weird shadows or not. Other than the nose, I can’t really say who he looks like.
The ultrasound was cool, but sometimes, you see a resemblance to things that are not really part of the baby’s DNA.
Definitely worth the price we paid. $35 for the groupon. We upgraded while we were there and got a CD with 41 pics on it. The groupon only included 5 printed black and white pics. Since our family couldn’t be there to join us, we wanted to make sure that they could see him too!
Here’s your weekly bullet points:
- What’s wrong with me now: Man, I have felt like crap for the past few days. My sinuses are crazy swollen and painful right now. The leg cramps are intense. it’s not been a fun week. There’s also been some nausea, but fortunately, no return to the vomiting.
- I’ve been super tired in the afternoons, so I am trying really hard to balance my diet more during the day. At night, I’m generally fine and I eat normal meals, but during the day, I’m all carbs. (Cereal and english muffins are preferred.) I am trying to work in more protein so that I don’t crash. I can’t tell if it is working. Pregnant ladies may just get tired in the afternoons.
- I can’t remember anything. For the past couple of days, I have no clue if I fed the cats dinner or not. If I can’t remember, I feed them again. They are very good at lying for food, so they may be trying to trick me. Looks like they are probably going to gain some sympathy weight. (Or, I will remember to write it down somewhere. It seems like I am slipping into a dark place if I need a daily checklist to confirm whether or not the cats had dinner.)
- I did not like the first episode of New Girl. I hope they resume trying harder. The Mindy Project was much funnier.
- Waterfalls. I’ve never seen one. Like a really big nature spectacle. I am now fixated that I want to do it before the baby is born. We’re not far from Havasupai Falls, but I think that requires hiking. Given my current ability to breathe and walk with comfort, it is probably not one of my better ideas.
- Speaking of exercise, I went to my first prenatal yoga class last weekend. I wore a regular bra and a sports bra, so everything stayed where it was supposed to. Years ago, I took yoga. There definitely were not kegels involved then, so there’s one thing that is different. My left hip has been sore, so the stretching helped that a lot. My balance is so bad that it is comical. In the “hold your leg in the air pose,” I almost fell down like ten times.
- Yoga gave me stretch marks. Before I went to yoga, no stretch marks. That night, when I was lubing up the belly, stretch marks. Yoga involved a lot of stretching. Accordingly, yoga gave me stretch marks.
- The baby gets hiccups a lot. Yesterday, they were so intense that, while I was sitting in my office, he was making my boobs bounce. At that time, I was extremely grateful to work from home.
- Food cravings: Sweet potatoes and hard-boiled eggs. Since my struggle to make hard-boiled eggs has been well-documented over the years, I will admit here that I am buying pre-made hard-boiled eggs from Eggland’s Best. They are extremely delicious and they make me realize the inadequacies of my past attempts. (Yes, I even screw up the ones where you bake them in the oven.) The problem is that there are not enough in the bag. Or, there are not enough bags in my fridge. Either way, I need more.
- The local grocery store where I buy my Larabars moved everything around. If you want to watch an OCD pregnant woman throw a tantrum in a public place, move the Larabars that she eats for her 10 am snack.