25 weeks. Time to bust out the tripod and stand in front of the leopard print bench!
Weekly bump pics.
This one is to show that my hair thinks it has two waves now. I have super straight hair, so this is new. Now, my hair breaks and it has new patterns. Thank you, folic acid.
Yup. That’s a belly button and not a shirt wrinkle.
This is my favorite bump pic yet. And yeah, I think there are deodorant marks on the shirt. Sorry, but I am done with the tripod and I am not taking anymore. Just pretend it is something else. That’s what I’m doing. Also, pretend my blacks match. Because they don’t.
This morning was supposed to mark my latest four-week check up, but I broke up with my OB last week. Still waiting for my records to go to the new office, but that is finally in process after a call this morning. Next, they’ll review my records and I can get lined up with my provider. I’m trying to go with one of the midwives.
I’ve been going back and forth about whether or not I want to hire a doula. I set up an interview over the weekend, but then I felt like crap due to my sinuses and I canceled. I think I’m going to wait and see if I am accepted by the midwife, then I’ll make a decision on the doula.
The birth plan that I’ve written in my head revolves around two things: snacks and moving. If they expect me to do this crazy physical act for a really long time, I’m going to need food. Ice chips aren’t food (unless we can negotiate a sno cone). I also want to be able to move. I can’t imagine dealing with that level of pain and being told that I have to stay in the same position.
Weekly bullet list time.
- I’ve said this before, but at this stage, since we are connected with a cord and I am cooking him, I am under the impression that this kid can read my thoughts and see whatever I see. Therefore, he saw his first double rainbow. I told him what was happening and he kicked, so I assume he liked it.
- Some of the pregnant lady books said that hair growth is way more common. Well, I’m pretty sure that I have a beard. It’s blonde and fuzzy, but it is a beard. My husband said that I’m mistaken, but I can see it. And my stomach… I’m basically transforming into a yeti.
- After much consideration, we decided not to paint the nursery. With all of the accent pieces being green, the room would be green overkill. So, the room is going to stay boring and neutral beige. It will have lots of animal pics. It will occasionally have a hairless cat. It’s going to be an awesome room, even if it is not green. Here is what it looks like so far. Insert the other animal pics where these little clip art monsters are. (That crib will also have a mattress and a baby.)
- Food cravings for the week: sweet potatoes (finally, something healthy), orange juice, chocolate milk and English muffins. (Or, if you are a Colbert fan, Liberty Toast.) My preferred lunch is muffins (with butter) and chocolate milk, followed by a bit of oj. But I like it so much that I run out of muffins way too quickly and then I am heartbroken when I realize I don’t have any left.
- I’m going to try prenatal yoga for the first time this weekend. My biggest concerns are: not falling down, not flashing anyone and not peeing myself. (I didn’t realize that the last thing was a concern until I posted something about it on FB and the internet was all, you are worried about your boobs and not your bladder…)
- I know that studies show that pregnancy brain is not a thing, but I am an incoherent and forgetful mess right now. I suspect it is sleep deprivation. I have cut my fingernail with a serrated knife and burned a hole in the couch/ruined a dress with Krazy Glue during a couple of finer moments this week. (Did you know that Krazy Glue could eat a couch?)
- Things I’m most looking forward to this week: creepy ultrasound and As They Grow. ATG is a giant consignment sale where I hope to stock up on some of the things that we still need. I’m going to try really hard not to get distracted by all of the soft and shiny things and only get what’s on the list. Right now, I’m trying to find our desired Britax stoller, a jumperoo and room organizing stuff for good prices. I need to stay away from cradles and vibration devices because we have four of those if you include the swing. I also don’t need clothes or an innate love of cats; he’s covered there.
- This baby dances all of the time. See video. And, okay, the words aren’t appropriate for a) a baby and b) a boy, but he enjoys some heavy keyboard action. (Although hip hop is his favorite. And Selena Gomez. Sadly, he is lukewarm about Kelly Clarkson. I’m thinking we just haven’t found his jam yet.)
- On Friday night, my husband didn’t want to drive for two hours each way so that I could get a Chick-fil-A sandwich. He’s never had one, so he doesn’t know that this is a craving that can’t be fulfilled by another place. I’m now planning a road trip in a couple of weeks with one of my ladies. I am going to have the original sandwich, waffle fries and lemonade. Mmmm.