We are now officially at 22 weeks.
Here are your bump pics.
Those are your nice pics. Here is how I am really dressed (which makes the bump all the more obvious).
That sort of ridge you see is my belly button desperately trying to be an outie. But the scar tissue just won’t let it. So I have a weird triangle belly button mountain that sticks out and the rest is still a sad puffy eye. I like to push my stomach in and out because then my belly button makes all sorts of fun shapes.
On Friday night, we got an amazing special delivery. My dear friend from law school, Jo Ann,sent us an amazing gift full of goodies from aden + anais. I cannot begin to describe how soft everything is. We love it. Thank you so much, Jo Ann, for this awesome gift.
[Have you ever touched these blankets? I was first introduced to them by Emily and was immediately smitten by the softness. I can't wait to swaddle our little guy in these. Husband, please get me the adult-sized daydream blanket for some sort of gift-giving occasion. Thank you.]
Highlights from the past week.
- We discovered Orange Is the New Black. Love it. Plus, the new season of Breaking Bad. I really like tv.
- I’m having a little problem with thigh chafing. I’ve gained no weight this week, so I’m still around 8 lbs. heavier than when this started. When I measured recently, I’ve lost an inch from my hips. So, I don’t understand why thigh chafing is an issue now if it hasn’t been in the past. My thighs were just as big and rubby. What does one use to fix this? Do I oil me up before walking? Do I need to invest in some powder? Do I just accept the chafe? This is a new one for me.
- I had a visible belly morphing kick yesterday during my early evening bath.
- I went to Babies R Us for the first time on Saturday. I bought nothing. (Sensory overload. When you are surrounded by that many soft things, the urge to buy all of them is diminished.) I was on the hunt for furniture. I was planning to buy a secondhand crib and then the wise baby book told me not to do that, so I talked to my husband we are going to get new furniture.
- Here’s the thing, new furniture is painfully expensive. My favorite Utahn, Stephanie, told me her secrets for saving money by registering at BRU and then using their aggressive coupon mailings for the furniture. (I may be trying to arrange a marriage between our babies since we are due around the same time.)
- I went for a prenatal massage because I had some really sharp neck/shoulder pain that would not go away. The nice massage therapist wrapped my swollen feet in hot towels and I wanted to weep with joy.
- There’s a dream that we need to discuss. Hubs and I were driving to Carlsbad and something came up and we couldn’t go. So we turned around and decided to go to the Camden Aquarium. (In New Jersey.) The aquarium was many floors and located off of a very elaborate highway system. When we got inside, you could interact with most of the animals. They gave me a big piece of fish to give to the penguins. Which I put into the front pocket of my purse. (No container. Just a big piece of raw fish.) We had sushi for lunch at the sushi bar in the middle of the penguin display. But I said that I didn’t need any food because I had my penguin fish and I pulled it out of the front of my purse and started nibbling on it. (It looked like tilapia.) Then we walked around again and came to the wildlife display. I saw the cutest little furry creature with pink-and-white zebra stripes. I asked the guide what it was and he gave me a weird look and said, it’s a deer. I had another bite of my purse fish and woke up. I’m pretty sure that it means I miss sushi.