Welcome to 21 weeks of pregnancy with Danielle.
Here are your bump pics for the week.
And here’s one with Tiki. Tiki doesn’t like to be held, so he mostly sat next to me. But then he wanted to give his future human brother some advice on how boring his mom is and how to overcome that.
But here’s the thing. I had to leave the house this morning, so that’s why I sort of match and am clean.
This is my real maternity style, complete with bruise on arm from blood draw when I got my thyroid checked on Monday.
This is the disappointed reaction that I get from Tiki whenever he sees me dressed this way.
Let’s move on and talk about the past week.
I was sick over the weekend and that was a new experience that I don’t want to repeat. On Friday, I felt myself getting worse and worse and by mid-afternoon, oh man. Crazy stomach issues and it felt like my head was floating away. I finally took my temp and I had a fever. I monitored it closely and it eventually came down completely, which was a big relief. Since my sinuses have been such a mess, I assume that was the origin of whatever was wrong. My ob offered me antibiotics, but by the time I saw him on Monday, most of the symptoms had passed, so I declined the meds.
Here’s your bullet list for the week.
- I got some coupons for Carter’s and went back over the weekend because they were having a good sale on onesies. The baby will now have a bear suit. Here’s what the hat part looks like.
- This week’s purchases that were funded by stuff I sold include: diaper bag, tub, pack and play. On Saturday, we’re picking up a crib that I found secondhand in a FB group. I am very excited to cross that off of the list.
- I registered for our birth class yesterday. That makes things very scary and real.
- While making my baby list on amazon, I discovered a really cool glowing sea horse, which I told my husband about. My husband has never heard of Glow Worm. Do you remember this commercial? Ahhh, the 80s.
- Elmo felt the baby kick yesterday. I guess someone likes when his cat brothers purr while leaning on my belly. Elmo looked startled for a moment and then went back to snuggling and purring.
- When I talk, I constantly sound like I am out of breath. I assume it is related to the fact that my sinuses are so swollen, because I’m not out of breath. (I’m a big fan of nasal gel to help this sinus thing, but I’m pretty sure that poison is on the list of ingredients. But, right now, it is helping me breathe and it is approved by the dr.)
- The belly button situation has not improved. It looks like an eye that is swollen shut now. The opening is very small. But it still has an eyebrow scar, so it’s got personality.
To conclude today’s post, I will rank the pregnancy symptoms that I’ve experienced from least offensive to the worst.
- Really strong nails (my toenails are lady talons at this point)
- Crying over nothing
- Weight gain (I’m still just under ten lbs. gained, so I know there is a lot to go with this one)
- Losing my train of thought while I’m in the middle of…
- Boob soreness
- Hideous hair/super fuzzy furry stomach (blonde or not, I look like a yeti)
- Swollen feet/random leg cramps
- Sinus nonsense
- No melatonin
- Peeing constantly (This isn’t a big deal unless I am planning a bunch of errands, sleeping or participating on a long conference call)
- Extremely assertive hemorrhoids
- Vomiting everything ingested
- Vomiting bile (there is very little that I believe is worse than vomiting bile)