It’s no secret that time management has become one of my biggest challenges. I’m constantly searching for the best method, the best new book or the best new app to keep me on track. Yet, for a long time, it’s been all about me, my daily planner and three retractable Sharpie pens. My entire life is in those to-do lists.
And in 25 piles of paper on my desk. It’s the piles that have become maddening. So, what if there was a place where I could keep all of my “piles” online? What would I want? List time.
- I want all of my contacts there. All of the family stuff. I’ve got work contacts. I’ve got personal contacts. I’ve got speaking contacts. I need a better way to manage all of them.
- House stuff. The piles are overrun with house stuff. Warranty info, info on stuff that I just bought. (Hi, new tablet.) Car insurance policies.
- Health stuff. I’ve got health bills, prescription receipts, info from trainer, etc. I need to keep it all in one place. I am tired of trying to recreate the wheel if I need to go to a new doctor and need my info.
- Other important documents. I’ve got stuff scanned, but then I keep the original because I never remember to back anything up and I will lose it… (This is particularly important right now as I forming a business entity and need to keep track of the important details.)
- After traveling for ten days, I need a place with one calendar. I’m juggling a whole lot on my Google Calendars and it is starting to look more like Tetris than a person’s life.
So, I heard about and decided to try About One. Here’s a cool intro to About One and the many things that it can do:
About One offers the organizational tools that I need and want online, with the security of a bank. Now, I can access all of the same information, regardless of whether I am near my disorganized piles, and it doesn’t matter which of my many electronic devices I have with me. (Because there’s an app!) I live my life online, so it makes sense that my life is online with me. It’s portable and ready when I need it.
If you need an online organizer to give your life a sense of order, definitely check out About One. Start to make some sense of the chaos.
Disclaimer: I was compensated by AboutOne to review their online organizer. All opinions and text are my own.