I got some products in the mail last week that I am SO excited to tell you about.
Spirulina and BioAstin from Nutrex Hawaii.
The first time I read about these Super Nutrients, I said, holy wow, these are supplements that I’ve got to try. Everyone who has been reading for a while knows that I’ve been dealing with the pain of fibromyalgia for almost a decade. (I do NOT like typing that. Fibro is something you want to get under control quickly. You don’t want to spend a decade on this nonsense.)
On my journey with fibro, some days are better than others. I have very specific trigger points that are far worse than others. For some people, their neck is very sensitive. For me, it’s my lower back/glutes. I’m sure this area is worse because I spend a lot of time in a chair working at a desk. Even the lightest touch on this area will make me recoil and wince because the pain is so severe.
When I have a fibro flare, my energy is also drained. I feel like I am walking through mud to move my body from point A to point B. I can’t have caffeine because it gives me migraines, so I have to wait patiently for the flare to end so that I can get my energy back.
Some days, fibro takes over my life. I try as hard as possible not to let it.
Enter the Super Nutrients. I had heard of Spirulina in passing. I had never heard of BioAstin.
- Spirulina is microalgae that is grown in ponds and contains a ton of protein.
- It contains more carotenoids than any other whole food and it is an excellent source of Vitamins A, K, B12, Manganese and Chromium.
- Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica from Nutrex Hawaii is grown without pesticides, is GMO-free and is non-irradiated.
- Contains Beta Carotene: Necessary for healthy skin, good vision and a healthy immune system. [I need that last one!!]
- Contains B12: required for proper red blood cell formation, neurological function and DNA synthesis.
- Contains Vitamins K1 and K2: promote blood clotting and support bone health. K2 may help osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
- Contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD): An enzyme that acts both as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory in the body, neutralizing free radicals and helping to repair cells, for age-related degeneration.
- Contains Zeaxanthin: A carotenoid and powerful antioxidant that fights free radical damage with specific benefits to eye and cellular health.
- Contains Phycocyanin: Supports kidney, liver and brain health.
- Iron: Essential in the formation of red blood cells and transportation of oxygen throughout the body. Assists the memory and helps build resistance to infection, stress and disease.
Based on that list of ingredients, I’m pretty sure you can see why I’d like to take one pill that contains all of those amazing ingredients! I want to see if it increases my energy too!
Now, let’s talk about BioAstin, which is made from Astaxanthin. It is a green algae with little protein. It is the world’s strongest antioxidant!
- Eye and brain health
- Joint and tendon health
- Cardiovascular health
- Skin health
Since my dad’s stroke in January, I am more concerned than ever with cardiovascular health. Of course, I’m also particularly interested in this for the joint and tendon health. As I take this supplement, I want to see if this helps to ease the pain caused by my fibromyalgia.
I started taking the supplements late last week. I think it is important to give a supplement a couple of weeks before offering a full review, so I will be back to tell you more. There is one thing that I wanted to mention.
Nutrex Hawaii is teaming up with FitFluential tomorrow night, June 4, 2012 (a very special day) at 6 PM PST for a Twitter chat. Just follow the hashtag #SuperNutrients. There are prizes, and you could get the chance to try out some Super Nutrients if you win. 2 chat participants will win a $50 Spafinder giftcard and Hawaiian Health Package (Hawaiian Spirulina tablets and powder, BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin, a signed book by Suzy Cohen, Astaxanthin and Spirulina books: all in a drawstring gym bag). 1 chat participant will win the Grand Prize: a $100 Spafinder giftcard and Hawaiian Health Package (same as above).
Disclaimer: I am the CMO of FitFluential LLC. Nutrex Hawaii is a client. The products photographed above were provided complimentary. All opinions are my own. I am so excited to try this product and the potential benefits that it has for my health.