On Tuesday, Escape Routes wrapped its season and finished filming. I spent the afternoon interviewing members of the teams and then got to go to dinner with them. Since I always prefer a list, let’s bullet point this:
- Before starting Escape Routes, Iris was driving a car with 250,000 miles on it! Amazing.
- Brett and Ross met in Las Vegas at a conference when they were … (can you guess????) … interns!
- Ross was an intern for The Colbert Report.
- Brett and Ross were also super cool and made a video that will be awesome for everyone at FitFluential. (Thanks so much guys, if you see this.) Talk about naturals in front of the camera. Wow.
- Iris is ZEN. She encountered a rattlesnake during a challenge and was all, don’t pay attention to the snake. (Dude. Rattlesnakes are scary.) Terrence said she took no crap from alligators and snakes in Miami. Isis said she grew up in a rural area. I sort of did too, but I still don’t play well with snakes. Iris = badass.
- Drew and Derek and really nice. I mean, really nice. They are siblings and they like each other. After six weeks on the road together. And they are Eagle Scouts.
- Sharon said that Wilson will talk to anyone all night. Complete strangers. Child. It doesn’t matter. We were at opposite ends of the table, so I didn’t get to talk to him much. But I believe Sharon.
- Tara and Bre introduced me to Planet Unicorn. (May/will be mildly offensive. But so awesome.)
- I almost saw Rossi get attacked by a giant orb falling from the sky. I’ve probably said too much.
- Everyone’s favorite house seemed to be in Atlanta. Based on what we saw on TV, I have to agree. That pool was the stuff of dreams. (I just thought to myself, man, I wish I had a picture so that I could pin it. Signs of addiction.)
- Chekesha and Tiffany. Damn, they are pretty. We didn’t get to spend a lot of time together, but they are very nice and funny.
- Terrence could totally be my BFF. Except he seemed disturbed by the idea that I have two hairless cats. (Iris, on the other hand, seemed much more accepting of my mutant feline friends.)
- Bre has a make-up line that I am so going to try. Alchemy Mineral Blends.
- Everyone truly loves the Escape. Even if you pull the, stop it, the cameras aren’t on, just tell me, they gush about the car. Particularly the features. My Ford Touch. The magical parallel parking assistant. (Which Iris used on the hills of San Francisco.) Rave reviews all around. [I got to see the My Ford Touch in action when I went to the auto show in January with Ford. I want all of those features on my boyfriend, the Ford Fusion. Yes, I know that this is Escape Routes, and I like the Escape, but my heart belongs to the 2013 Fusion.]
- I did get to briefly meet Rossi and Justine, and they seem awesome. We didn’t have dinner together, so I didn’t have a chance to interview them. (Happy Belated Birthday, Rossi!) The finale airs on Saturday night with an absolutely insane Las Vegas challenge. Make sure you check it out. You can follow along on Twitter with #EscapeRoutes.
This post has no photos because my blog is being a jerk and has decided that it doesn’t publish photos right now. Sorry.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Escape Routes for time and efforts. All opinions are my own.