On Saturday, I flew to Utah to attend Snap! This is the first year for Snap!, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Some conferences can have rough spots during their first year. Snap! is a conference for creative bloggers. If you are thinking, oh, all bloggers are creative, no, you’re not. We’re talking some of the crafty DIY types. While I was there, there was a session on texturizing cream. Guess what? It’s not for your hair. I still don’t know what it’s for, but it’s not for hair.
I spoke about legal matters to an amazing crowd. As always, I’m shocked when anyone voluntarily shows up for the legal session. Because, well, I know I’m funny, but other people don’t and the law certainly isn’t (most of the time). I made many new best friends and I may have threatened (via Twitter) to steal someone’s purse. (It was really pretty.)
These are things I learned during my Snap! adventure:
- Craft bloggers are better dressed than you. (Unless you are a craft blogger too. Then you are better dressed than the rest of us.)
- This conference was well-organized and awesome. Kudos to the organizers. This seems like a conference that has been going on for years. There was great variety in the sessions.
- The location was awesome. It was a hotel, but this cool little area in Utah called Thanksgiving Point.
- Salt Lake City is pretty. Like, really pretty.
- When I went through the airport to leave, there was literally no one else in the security line. That is the only time that has ever happened to me.
If you are a creative blogger, I highly recommend you put Snap on your conference list for next year. It’s a good one.